What is the Compassion Advocacy Network?
C.A.N. is a 501 (c) (3) organization whose mission is teaching the world how to love through simple acts of kindness by putting compassion into action.
What We Do
We conduct “1-to-1” simple acts of kindness uplifting thousands of people in our community each year. We have developed programs tailored to meet a variety of needs. Our lineup includes providing basic necessities to our forgotten elderly, residents of nursing homes, fundraising for families with children suffering from cancer, and ongoing support to other local charities.
We invest financial support from sponsors into the lives of people
- Gave $40,000 in direct support to
families’ financially devastated
battling cancer to help offset expenses.
- Hosted parties for isolated elderly and
residents of nursing homes not visited
regularly by family or friends.
- Distributed over 30,500 CAN Help! Bags filled with food and/or personal care items.
- Sponsored numerous camps and
activities for kids battling cancer to
show they are not forgotten.
- Teach integrity to developing young
adults through financial literacy and
- Distributed over 383,000 items of high
quality soups, simple meals, snacks,
healthy beverages, clothing, personal
care & household products.
- 2013 VOLUNTEER Achievement
(VOLUNTEER Hampton Roads)
- 2016 Best of Norfolk Award in the Non-Profit
(Norfolk Award Program)
- 2016 Parachurch/Non-Profit Leadership Award
(Global Empowerment Network)
- 2016 Greater24 Peoples List
- 2016 TOP-RATED NONPROFIT